Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Patience

I'm waiting to find out if I'm going to Georgia or not. I'm trying to finish homework and study for finals. I would feel much better about finishing this semester if I knew I had an adventure waiting for me. I really need to work on being more patient. I just don't know if I can wait another 1 1/2 weeks to know whether I've been accepted or not. This is how studying has gone for me.

 Question: A perfect dipole p is situated a distance z above an infinite grounded conducting plane. T"he dipole makes an angle theta with the perpendicular to the plane. Find the torque on p. If the dipole is free to rotate, in what orientation will it come to rest?
*Danni starts writing down the problem and draws a lovely picture* Mirror image of P is the induced p below plane. Find E induced from E=p/(4pi epslon nough r^2) (2 cos theta r hat + sin theta theta hat) . . . *Danni realizes she hasn't read any of the volunteer blogs in Georgia today and takes a break to read them, 20 minutes later* Need to find p in order to use N=pxEinduced . . . *Danni checks email to see if she's accepted to Georgia program, no such luck.*

Things have continued in such a manner for most of the morning. I really should have studied harder for my tests today. . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment