Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's Official!

Friday morning I got up to go to my last final exam of the semester. It took me about 3 1/2 hours. Having it done meant that one of my most stressful semesters was over. As I walked through my apartment door, my phone beeped. I finally got the email I had been waiting for. Officially, I have been accepted as a volunteer to teach English in the Republic of Georgia. My happy dance ensued for a good five minutes!  I will be leaving in the middle of January close to the 15th. I'll finally get to use my passport and go on my adventure.
The rest of the weekend was filled with boxes. I had to pack up all of my stuff. Jamison helped me move all of it to a storage unit. Aren't I lucky to have such great friends? I think so. Being organized meant that packing didn't take too long, but it still took up the rest of the weekend.
There is a great deal going on here at home, but I thought a quick update on the exciting news was in order. I'll explain the busy part later this week if I get time. Happy Holidays!

0 comments:

Post a Comment