Monday, November 22, 2010

A Cliche Update

The end of the semester is upon me. I foolishly thought that I didn't have enough time during the beginning of the semester. I know that is false as I really do not have enough time for everything right now. I really only have two weeks before finals. After I get my papers finished and practicum hours turned in next week, I should have time to focus on my physics classes. When finals are finished, I'll pack up all my things and head home for Christmas. Hopefully, in January I will leave for Georgia. (interview is prolly this week. I'll know soon as to whether I'm accepted or not!)

This week we only have two days of classes. Tomorrow I had two out of my three classes canceled. I still have work to turn in to my professors and of course the class not canceled is the one at 2PM. I can assure you that I'm looking forward to that class being over at 3:15. Break will officially begin for me, and even though I'm not going home, I'm still looking forward to having time to get homework done and maybe read a book for fun (that could just be wishful thinking on my part, we'll see how it goes).

Thanksgiving break will be very different this year. It's the first year that I'm not at home with family. Our extended family on my Mother's side gets together at a different house each year. My parents and I have missed a couple years. Those years we just had our meal at home. It's odd to think that I won't get to see my cousins, or Lana my crazy-loud-but-utterly-lovable-almost-aunt this year. Not to mention, I probably won't see them next year either. I can't tell you everyone's name because I'm the youngest of some sixteen cousins, the oldest of which has children that are older than me. However, I can still point out who is family by the eyebrows and that teacher-look everyone seems to have inherited even if they aren't teaching currently. Their stories and laughter are important to me. I shall miss them but know that they are having a marvelous time together on Thursday.

Besides family, I am thankful for Creighton and the things I am learning here even if the stress is enough to make me want to pull my hair out. I'm thankful that I have a job and an apartment here on campus. I don't know what I'd do without my roomie, Anya. She has been a blessing this year. Generally, I'm thankful for all the friends that I have who are willing to challenge me and laugh at me and occasionally believe my adventures are really as cool as I think they are. I'm thankful for the groceries I can buy and the skills and materials to cook. I'm thankful that I'm healthy this year. Yes, I know this all sounds cliche.( I did warn you in the title, though.)

Life might be a bit crazy right now and the future is big questionable adventure, but I've been truly blessed. So thank you and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment